Sunday, November 9, 2014

ON THE MOVE : Spacing be aware !!!!

Hi again ! 
It has been a busy time with sorting and clearing out things that I like an wanted to move but don't have the space for..... This is hard as its good stuff but when you move what worked in one space may not in another home. No matter how you try it won't fit. 
I had to lose my out door furniture because of this reason. I held out till this week. But had to put every thing on the chopping block finally. Same with my big bulky living room set.

Ways to know you should not move some thing. 
1. measure the new space, if it's smaller than the old space " the item will NOT fit" 
no amount of I'll  find a place for it will work. Sell or give it away.

2. style  I've been in warmer climate And colder climate..let's face it they are totally different. big and bold and boxy will look out of place in a open airy room. Don't keep a peice that doesn't fit the style of the new house no matter how much you like it. Pass it on to some one who loves the piece as much as you do it will get used an you know it went to a good home. 

3. Junk look around some stuff needs to be retired. So recycling is a good way to get some cash an keep stuff out of the land fill. Check your local area for locations you can take your junk to. 

This list is end less but I think you get the idea know what you have, know what you are going too. Than make smart choices as to what you should move and not move. 
For those of you counting with me we are at 50 boxes and counting ; no where near done but now that the must move and must get rid of is finally sorted out time to move forward with the packing. 
Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment